Monday, October 27, 2014

Kickstarting Comics! The Final Day

Screen shot as of 9:30 this morning.  Come on over and join the party.  http://tinyurl.com/ngrovan

Success!

Gone Girl Comics is going into the last 12 hours of what has been a fabulous Kickstarter campaign.

As it stands, going into this last day, I am only $175 dollars short of the project being funded at 275%.  

I am humbled and amazed by surpassing my original goal, and also by the fantastic list of individuals who chose to back my campaign.  I couldn't be more excited about the diversity of friends, colleagues and strangers who are interested in me continuing to put out story-based, image rich comics short stories. 

I absolutely cannot wait to write the love letter that is going to be the Thank You message at the end of this campaign TODAY, October 27th at 10 PM Pacific Standard Time.

One of five images from
"The Lost Originals" postcard set.
I am going to do a full blog about my experience with Kickstarting Comics tomorrow, after the grande finale.  Until then, I am here to ask you to help me finish this campaign strong.  There is a big difference between a $850 campaign finishing at 250% and, say, a $10,000 campaign.  ($22,875 worth of difference, to be exact.)  Additional money from backers is being put back into backer benefits or directly into larger print runs for a series that sold out three runs last year!

So, come join the party.  I'll send you awesome drawings.  Oh--and I've been designing the postcard series this week, the ones I'm packaging as benefits.  Since it is the last weekend before Halloween, here is my "Monster Mash" from the story Cat Door Monster, in it's soon-to-be-postcard form.

Until tomorrow!




C-log posts on comics, publication and community that publishes on Tuesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment